Athens Historical Center e-bike Tour
Discover the historical center of Athens on wheels! This exhilarating e-bike tour through the old side of Athens is a quick and fun way to learn the history of this famous city!
Get acquitted with the historic old city of Athens on this electric bike tour that the whole family can join in on! This Athens bike tour was designed for you to explore the world heritage attractions of this city in a fun and informative manner. Indeed this electric bike tour is the ultimate alternative activity that will truly leave you with astonishing memories of Greece’s capital. Along the bike ride you will familiarize yourself with the lifestyle of the Athenian locals, their traditions, habits and more, uncover hidden picturesque alleys and streets of Plaka and learn about the legendary neighborhood of Psirri and its gastronomic traditions. Likewise, you will discover historical buildings, attractions and neighborhoods during your bike ride through the old city of Athens. Make sure to charge your cameras and phones as there will be plenty of opportunities to take some shots of this side of town.
Your Athens bike tour will begin at the bike shop where your friendly tour guide will hand you the e-bike, helmet and headphones, as well as teach you some instructions on how to use the e-bikes. The headphones will be used to hear safety guidance on the traffic and in depth narration without interruptions about the sites. Our first stop along our bike ride in Athens is the Acropolis, followed by the Ancient Markets including the Roman Forum and the Ancient Agora. We will continue gliding through Athens till we reach Keramikos, an area full of antiquities and shops followed by a stop at Monastiraki, the most popular square for all Athens visitors. Through Monastiraki we will bike to Plaka, the heart and most authentic part of Athens. This is the time to take out your cameras and capture the quaint alleyways and back streets of Plaka. After a quick stop at a café we will then continue towards the famous temple of Zeus, and other athletic sites of Athens. This 3 hour long Athens bike tour through the old city, is packed with historical sites, monuments and neighborhoods waiting to be explored! So bring your high spirits and let the experts take care of the rest!
Itinerary of the Athens Historical Center e-bike Tour
You will meet your friendly tour guide at the bike shop where the e-bikes and necessary equipment will be handed to you, as well as some instructions on how to use the e-bikes.
From the bike shop we will start biking towards Acropolis.
Along our ride we will have a chance to witness the great civilization of Ancient Greece, including the Roman Forum and the Ancient Agora.
Next we will visit Keramikos, a neighborhood full of antiquities and part of the city’s western borders.
Following, we will visit at the most popular location in Athens, Monastiraki.
After Monastiraki we will bike to Plaka, the heart and soul of Athens. We will glide through back streets and alleys to explore the hidden gems of this magical city!
The Panathenaic Stadium and the Olympics
Last, but not least, we will visit sights connected to the athletic history of Greece, such as the famous temple of Zeus.
You will meet your guide at 11 Lempesi Street, near Acropolis Metro Station
- Quality e-Bikes and gear
- Special care and equipment for children
- Experienced tour guide
- Bottle of water
- Local map
- Optional basket for light personals
- Tour guide’s gratuities (optional)
- Consumption at the café shop
- This tour is appropriate for children under 13
- Languages available: English, French, Spanish and Italian
- Duration: 3 hours
- Length of tour: 9.5km
- Guaranteed departure with minimum 2 people, maximum 8 people
- You must arrive 15 minutes prior departure
- Families with children must check-in 20 minutes earlier for gear fitting
- Wear comfortable clothes for mild activity
- Have proper shoes for cycling (avoid high heels and slippers).
- On hot summer days use sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Exclusive bike-friendly earphones will include narration without interruptions safe guidance on the traffic.
- Noteworthy stops along the ride: Dionysiou Areopageitou, Filopappou Hill, Mars Hill, Anafiotika, Aerides, Agora, Kerameikos, Psiri, Monastiraki, Plaka, Temple of Zeus, Panathenaic Stadium and Zappio.