Hiking Adventure at Mykonos
If you are the adventurous type, visiting Mykonos, and have already spent a few days lying in the sun on the crowded Mykonian beaches or strolling through the busy town centre, then perhaps this Hiking Adventure is the alternative activity you were looking for to discover the island!
You may know Mykonos as a cosmopolitan party island where celebrities fleet, but there is more to it for those who are willing to discover it. With the Hiking Adventure, you get to escape the crowded beaches and town center and experience the Mykonian landscape in an alternative fun way!
The Mykonian Spiti staff will pick you up from your hotel or cruise-ship at 8:30 AM and give you a ride to the Mykonian Spiti Farm, at Ano Mera Village. Once you arrive, you will meet your Hiking Adventure guide, who will provide you with information about the hike as well as your equipment for the day: a backpack, a bottle of water, a small food package and a traditional ‘hooked’ walking stick.
You will leave the farm at 9:15 AM and walk to the first point of your Hiking Adventure, at Maou Farm at 10:00 AM. After a quick rest to catch your breath and fresh fill of cool water from the farm’s well, you’ll be on your way to Maou Dam the second point of the Hiking Adventure. Getting there around 10:30 AM, you will have the opportunity to capture some amazing pictures of the panoramic view before you get moving again – the landscape here is nothing like the touristy Mykonos you’ve already seen! The third section of the hike will take you to Mirsinis Beach, where you can finally rest and cool down with a swim! You’ve already walked 5,100 meters by now, you’ve earned it! If you wish to finish your Hiking adventure here, you’ll be given a lift back to the Mykonian Spiti around 1:30 PM. If you are up for more exploring of Mykonos, you can have a 15-minute break for a quick dip in the sea before pushing through the hardest part of the Hiking Adventure. You will reach point 4, the ‘Wind’, at 1:00 PM, where you will be rewarded with the most breathtaking Aegean panorama: Tinos, Samos and Ikaria islands in the horizon! You will then hike to the fifth point, the Bougainvilles Estate for a well-deserved break. You will enjoy your packed lunch on a beautiful terrace under the eucalyptus trees, before pushing towards the final point, the Shipyards of Elm, where local fishermen store their boats. The adjacent beach is inviting and a godsent gift after your 9,800m Hiking Adventure! You can enjoy a revitalizing swim until your lift back arrives at 2:00 PM. Congratulate yourself on completing the Hiking Adventure! You’re a real traveler, and an adventurer not just a tourist!
Itinerary of the Hiking Adventure at Mykonos
At 8:30 AM, a car will pick you up from your hotel or cruise-ship and give you a lift to the Mykonian Spiti Farm.
Meet guide and receive equipment
At the Mykonian Spiti Farm, you will meet your guide, and receive a backpack, a bottle of water, a snack and a walking stick for the Hiking Adventure.
At 9:15 AM, your Hiking Adventure begins. You will leave the Mykonian Spiti Farm and reach Maou Farm (point 1) at 10:00 AM, Dam Panorama (point 2) at 10:30 AM, Mirsinis Beach (point 3) at 11:00 AM, where you can stay and enjoy a swim before given a lift back to the Mykonian Spiti Farm at 1:30 PM, as this is Route A completed. If you opt for Route B you will continue to the next point, The Wind (point 4), to be rewarded with a breathtaking panoramic view of the Aegean, before reaching point 5, the Bougainvilleas Estate, where you’ll enjoy your snack on a beautiful terrace. After 30 minutes you will be on your way to the Shipyards of Elm, your finishing point. Give yourself a pat on the back and go for a quick swim in the adjacent beach – you’ve done it!
At 2:00 PM you will be driven back to your hotel or cruise-ship, or if you prefer, the Mykonian Spiti, where you can enjoy a hearty meal and end your adventure with a small celebration!
At 8:30 AM, a car will pick you up from your hotel or cruise-ship
- Transport to and from hotel
- Transport to and from starting/ finishing point
- Water bottle
- Small food package
- Traditional ‘hooked’ walking stick
- Meal at Mykonian Farm
- Hiking shoes & swimwear
- Please wear hiking shoes or trainers and socks as this is a hiking tour.
- You will need swimwear at some point in the tour.
- If you have not packed trainers or swimwear, you can find such products in shops in Ano Mera Village.
- If you suffer from a serious health condition, please refrain from booking the trip.
- If you are feeling unwell you are advised to not take this trip.
- Once the trip has begun you are required to reach points 1-3. Participation beyond point 3 is optional.
- If you wish to quit the trip at point 3, 4 or 5, a car from Mykonian Spiti will come to your rescue!
- Hikers who wish to quit before the end of the trip will be transported to Ftelia Beach for a swim while the rest of the group hikes to the finishing point.
- In case of an accident the Hiking Adventure guide will continue the hike with the group, while the injured party is given a lift back.
- This activity is not advised for children under the age of 9.