Mount Athos Cruise from Ormos Panagias in Chalkidiki
Enjoy an exceptional day long Mount Athos Cruise and experience traditional Greek entertainment on board and visit the charming village of Ouranoupoli.
Enjoy an exceptional day long Mount Athos Cruise. Located on the eastern peninsula of Halkidiki (“Third Leg”), it is an independent state and a self-governing entity of the Greek Orthodox Church. Its monuments from the Byzantine period are of worldwide fame and they are worth visiting. Women are not permitted access to the Holy Mountain. Today 20 monasteries exist and contain treasures of inestimable historical value.
Admire the splendor of Mount Athos on a coastal cruise, as you gaze at its peaks and monasteries from the Aegean Sea. During the cruise, experience traditional Greek entertainment on board and visit the charming village of Ouranoupoli. Don’t forget to feed the seagulls along the way, keep your eyes open for dolphins swimming along to keep us company!
Departure from Ormos Panagias Port
The traditional ship departs from Ormos Panagia’s port at 9.30am. It sails along the Sithonia bay until it reaches the first destination which is the monastery of Saint Paul on the south side of the leg.
See the monasteries of mt. Athos
We continue sailing along the coast heading to the North side in order to see 8 more monasteries from closest possible distance (500m), on the edge of the Mount Athos border.
Arrival at the port of Ouranoupolis
After the tour of Mount Athos, we make a 1,5 hour stop in Ouranoupoli to discover its seaside charm, stroll along its picturesque waterfront, and grab a traditional Greek meal at a local tavern.
Return to Ormos Panagias
During our return to Ormos Panagia’s, the live bouzouki on board adds a soundtrack to the day. Our excursion to Mount Athos comes to an end at 5.30pm.
- roundtrip cruise tickets
- all taxes
- tour information on boat in English, German, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian
- animateur on board
- transfer to/from departure point
- personal expenses
- Please be at the departure point at least 5 minutes prior to the pick-up time.
- We suggest you bring: Sun screen, a hat, a camera, comfortable shoes, cash for optional drinks and meals.
- If you get seasick, please take any necessary precautions. Consult a medical professional before taking any medication.
- In case of bad weather please contact us prior your tour. If the tour is canceled you will get a refund.
- No refunds if you fail to show up on time for the departure.
- confirmation will be received within 8 hours of booking, subject to availability
- children must be accompanied by an adult