Private day cruise from Ormos Panagias to Mount Athos
Cruise towards Mount Athos from Ormos Panagias on a private motor yacht and witness one of the most sacred and holiest sites in Greece!
The “Holy Mountain” of Greece, otherwise known as Mount Athos, is an Orthodox spiritual sanctuary dating back to the Byzantine era. An autonomous polity within Greece, Mount Athos is a haven for Eastern Orthodox Monasticism. It is located on the third peninsula, or the third “leg”, of Halkidiki and consists of 20 monasteries, inhabited by over 1,400 monks. Although women and children are forbidden to enter this holy site, they can certainly witness the beauty of this religious haven and the eye-catching steep slopes of the mountains by water. Even though there are many things to do in Halkidiki this summer, a day cruise along the waters of Mount Athos will surely leave anyone – man or woman – breathless!
This private day cruise is a one of a kind opportunity to sail near Mount Athos while enjoying the warm breeze of the Aegean Sea. Before observing the beauty and significance of Mount Athos, we will make a stop at Ammouliani, a small island near Mount Athos for a refreshing dip in its crystalized waters and to stroll down its sandy beaches. By this point hunger will start kicking in, so our next stop on this private motor yacht cruise towards Mount Athos is at a traditional Greek tavern at the picturesque town of Ouranoupolis. Enjoy your well-deserved
Mediterranean meal, Greek wine, and of course the breathtaking view of Halkidiki. After our meal, it is time to voyage towards Mount Athos, approaching the monasteries by boat. This is your unique chance to witness the architectural significance of the monasteries through a different perspective. We will journey along the western coast of the third peninsula of Halkidiki observing the various monasteries absorbing the sacred atmosphere of this holy sanctuary. Luxury, comfort and safety are the captain’s priority on this motor yacht. All you need to bring is a good spirit and sightseeing, sun and sea are waiting for you on this boat trip in Halkidiki!
Itinerary of the Private day cruise from Ormos Panagias to Mount Athos
Meeting point at 10 a.m.
We will meet at the port of Ormos Panagias where the captain and crew will welcome you onboard.
Voyage towards Ammouliani
Sit back and enjoy the ride as we cruise towards Ammouliani.
First stop: Ammouliani
Our first stop is at Ammouliani, where you’ll have some free time to take a dip in the mesmerizing blue waters of this island.
After your midday swim, we will go to the town of Ouranoupolis where you will enjoy your lunch at one of the local taverns overlooking Mount Athos.
Sail around Mount Athos
Next, we will travel around Mount Athos by boat where you will observe the beauty of several monasteries on the west coast of Athos Peninsula, the third “leg” of Halkidiki.
Arrive back to Ormos Panagias at 6:00 p.m.
After our day cruise is over, we will set sail towards the port of Ormos Panagias.
You will meet your captain at Ormos Panagias Port
- Pro skipper expert of the area and one trained crew member
- Use of inflatable dinghy with rows
- Fuel, washing water and electricity
- Cabins at your disposal
- All taxes and base port fees
- Snacks and light beverage
- Historical facts about Mount Athos and its monasteries
- DVD for kids on TV (Greek, English, Russian)
- Inflatable sea toys
- Snorkeling equipment
- Transportation to and from the meeting point
- Professional photographs or videos
- Lunch bill
- Bring a swimsuit and towel if you want to take a swim in Ammouliani.
- The maximum number of people for this day cruise is 10 people.
- Round trip is approximately 75 miles.
- Upon request and previous notice, the chief can prepare an exclusive meal for your lunch accompanied by a glass of Greek wine.
- In case you get sea sick take the needed precautions.
- Route changes may take place after arrangement with the captain. --Route changes may occur due to weather conditions.
- In case of extreme weather conditions: for booked and paid day trips - change of date or refund; for booked and paid multi-day trips - reconsideration of route schedule with the captain.