Thessaloniki Food and Culture 2.5 hour Morning Tour
Greece is famous for its food among other things and each area has its own food culture. Thessaloniki is no exception. Join this Thessaloniki food and culture tour and get a taste!!
Greece is famous for its food, among other things, and each area has its own food culture. Thessaloniki is no exception. Join this Thessaloniki food and culture tour and get a taste! The tour offers a sample of local flavor, along with a nice stroll through the city. Treat yourself to some tasty delicacies and beverages, learn and discuss about local life and walk through the market or shopping district along the way.
Start your day off by grabbing some pastries and a coffee. This is a very common breakfast or brunch for Thessaloniki residents, whether they’re on their way to work or just enjoying a relaxed morning. Enjoy them in parts of town with less tourism so you can really feel the region’s way of life.
It will be a wonderful experience to hear about local culture (food and otherwise) while at the same time tasting it! Combine this with a walk through the traditional open food market and/or shopping district, and you will get as much Thessaloniki taste as you possibly can on this 2.5-hour tour.
Itinerary of the Thessaloniki Food and Culture Tour
Meet with your guide
Meet your host and get straight to the point! Enjoy mouthwatering snacks along with beverages from local bakeries/eateries and cafés. Discuss the history and/or tradition behind the delicacies. Arrive early so no time is wasted!
Mingle with the locals
Visit parts of town with no heavy tourism, experience what daily life is like, hear about regional culture from your host and discuss it with locals.
Visit the Open Market
Walk through the open market, a unique meeting point full of food shops of every kind. Words can only attempt to describe this district, seeing it is the only way to get the full experience.
Wrap it up
Finish the tour by getting exact directions to wherever you’d like to continue your day.
The guide will be waiting for you at the meeting point in Thessaloniki
- The 2,5-hr tour includes 3 beverages and 9 bites equivalent to a Greek brunch.
- Exclusive privileges from tour tasting locations, including behind the scenes access at some of the venues.
- Professionally trained hosts with extensive knowledge about Greek food and culture.
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal shopping
- Accommodation transfers
- The tour is open for individuals or groups of up to 6 people.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes are recommended as on average 2.3 kilometers are covered per tour.
- Children under 5, who will not have separate portions in the food tasting, do not require a separate ticket.
- Tips and gratuities, transportation expenses and any extra shopping are not included in the package price.
- The tour does not finish at the starting point, you’ll be given thorough directions to the original meeting point or your next destination.
- Tours can accommodate some food allergies and aversions. Please advise in advance if you have any special dietary needs.