Thessaloniki Food and Culture 4 hour Morning Tour
Don’t miss the opportunity to taste local cuisine, traditional and modern, all while learning about some of the history behind the dishes. Join this Thessaloniki food and culture tour and get a taste!
For visitors to Thessaloniki, going on a Food and Culture tour is a must. Don’t miss the opportunity to taste local cuisine, traditional and modern, all while learning about some of the history behind the dishes. Experience how Thessaloniki residents enjoy their meals throughout the day and visit the local market to see how the food shopping is done.
Begin the tour by meeting your host and get to the point immediately! Start off by tasting a few breakfast or brunch items along with coffee or other refreshments to load up on energy. Continue with a pleasant walk around the open market, a landmark for everyday food and necessity shopping. Along the way, discuss about the locals’ everyday life as well as regional traditions. Next, enjoy lunch appetizers and treats from some of the countless food spots in the city. You may try food you’ve heard of, or be surprised with flavors that are new to you!
Enjoy the city with flavors that will complete your visit by including your sense of taste. Add flavor to your memories of Thessaloniki! The food choices are unlimited so allow us to save you time and effort; simply be there, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Itinerary of the Thessaloniki Food and Culture Tour
Meet your Guide
Start by meeting your host. Begin the day by tasting a few starters to open up your appetite for later. Have conversations about local life and traditions (food or other) along the way!
Like a Local
Walk around parts of town that only locals are familiar with, see how people live their daily life and get a real feel of Thessaloniki. Have some appetizers and beverages to go along.
The Open Market
Visit the open market, see how residents shop for food and other necessities. Add flavor to this experience by having a few more delicacies to add to the experience.
Wrap it up
Complete your tour with a tummy full of tasty treats and wonderful memories. If your tour doesn’t finish at the original meeting point, you’ll have precise directions to return.
The guide will be waiting for you at the meeting point in Thessaloniki
- The 4-hr tour includes 4 drinks and 14 bites equivalent to a Greek breakfast and lunch.
- Exclusive privileges from tour tasting locations, including behind the scenes access at some of the venues.
- Professionally trained hosts with extensive knowledge about Greek food and culture.
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal shopping
- Accommodation transfers
- The tour is open for individuals or groups of up to 6 people.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes are recommended as on average 2.8 kilometers are covered per tour.
- Children under 5, who will not have separate portions in the food tasting, do not require a separate ticket.
- Tips and gratuities, transportation expenses and any extra shopping are not included in the package price.
- The tour does not finish at the starting point, you’ll be given thorough directions to the original meeting point or your next destination.
- Tours can accommodate some food allergies and aversions. Please advise in advance if you have any special dietary needs.