Thessaloniki Sailing Tour
The Thessaloniki Sailing Tour is a must for visitors and even residents of the city! Gazing at the sea is so soul-warming that we forget how amazing it might be to look at the city from the water.
Thessaloniki is a city with many things to see and do. Everything becomes even more memorable with how beautiful the city is! One of the main beauties is that fact that Thessaloniki is a coastal city situated in the middle of the Thermaic Gulf. The Coastal Walkway stretches about 4km from the Port to the Music Hall, with plenty of monuments, parks, shops, cafes/bars/restaurants along the way, and countless photo opportunities with the water (and Mount Olympus on a clear day!) in the background. How about this though: admiring Thessaloniki from the water and enjoying some food and beverages at the same time!
The Thessaloniki Sailing Tour is a must for visitors and even residents of the city! Gazing at the sea is so soul-warming that we forget how amazing it might be to look at the city from the water. This tour begins at Aretsou Marina in the neighboring town of Kalamaria. All you have to do is be there, jump on the boat and enjoy! A local host will accompany you through the tour and discuss local life. Meet your skipper and hear their marine stories as well! Drinks and traditional snacks (meze) will be part of the whole experience.
Look at Thessaloniki from a different point of view. Gaze at the whole city or focus on whichever sight draw your eye at the moment. Definitely leave enough memory (or film) in your camera, you’ll want to snap a shot of everything.
Itinerary of the Thessaloniki Sailing Tour
Arrive at the Marina
Arrive at the Aretsou Marina in Kalamaria, hop on and begin the tour! Departure times are 10.00am, 1.30pm, 5.00pm.
Sail the Bay
Cruise along the coast and look at Thessaloniki from the water. Watch different parts of town glide by, and take pictures of everything. You’ll be amazed by the many faces of the city.
Reach the city center
By the time you reach the city center, you’ll already have tasted bites of meze and washed them down with a drink. Enjoy all the sights and sounds, see parts of the city you were walking in earlier from a totally different view.
Back at the marina
Finish the tour at the marina or make arrangements for a city center drop-off.
The meeting point is in Aretsou Marina in Kalamaria
- Captain’s meze, drinks & bites prepared for you on board.
- Professional host with extensive knowledge of the local lifestyle and culture.
- Tips and gratuities
- Accommodation transfers
- The tour is open for groups of 2 to 8 people.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. In the summer months we advise you to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunblock, if necessary. Sorry, no high heels.
- Tips / gratuities and transportation to and from your accommodation site are not included in the package price.
- Tours can accommodate some food allergies and aversions. Please advise in advance if you have any special dietary needs.
- Bad weather may lead to postponing or cancelation of tours.
- Tailor made tours are available, contact us for arrangements.